What is the purpose of belly dancing? Well, this is a common question that many people have been looking answers for it. In fact, most of them have been visiting various online websites trying to find the exact solutions for the above question. However, due to scanty and little information available, most of them have ended up with futile results and have failed to understand the exact purpose of belly dancing. Nevertheless, if the above has been your concern, then, worry no more, as this article unveils amazing purposes of belly dancing you never knew.
However, before going into depth of the several purposes of the above dance, it is ideal for readers to have some brief highlights about the same. Well, most of the belly dancing performed in different parts of the world is not done on the stage, but rather, “regular” people at various or several social gatherings, such as weddings, parties, anniversaries, and any other social/special occasions, perform it. Indeed, many people just like belly dancing simply because they enjoy it- not because they want to lose weight or seduce men! You will be surprised to learn that the dance is enjoyed and celebrated by people of all shapes, ages, and sizes. However, belly dancing is more common in the Middle East and the surrounding Mediterranean regions.
More recently, belly dancing has become one of the entertaining, beautiful, expressive, and creative-art-form that has been praised for its countless purposes and the amazing health benefits it offers. In this regard, the following are some of the amazing purposes of belly dancing you never knew:
1. In the West, many people have been using belly dancing for the sole purpose of achieving a healthy body. It has been realized that belly dancing is one of the best workouts that is vital for body fitness. The following are some of the healthy achievements of the above dance:
- Improved blood circulation, hence clearer and brighter skin
- Improved suppleness
- Increased joint flexibility
- Deeper breathing leads to better circulation of oxygenated blood
- Belly dancing is the most effective mechanism for calming and relaxation
- It reduces stress
- It is one of the best aerobic exercise workouts that ultimately burns excess fats, increases the rate of metabolism, and improves the resting-heart rate
- The bell dance tones up all major muscle groups (thighs, legs, gluteal, calves, abdominals, back, upper arms, and so on)
- It ultimately reduces cellulite
- Belly dancers sleep better
- Belly dancers have been known to experience less back pain
- It eases PMT signs and symptoms
- Belly dancers have good memory and make the best decisions
- It finally prepares major muscle groups for women who are pregnant to assist them in the birthing process. Therefore, belly women dancers have been known to experience easier childbirth
2. Recent studies conducted reveals that most women in the Middle East have the other major purpose of belly dancing apart from the previous one, they believe that the dance allows them to ultimately express their femininity as they try to rediscover their stunning natural body movements, while looking great, beautiful, fun, and more so, feeling good. Indeed, the above will boost their self-esteem in a powerful yet gentle way. The overall result is the amazing body confidence they have.
The above are the major purposes as to why most people like belly dancing. Therefore, the above dance will continue to remain fame in the years to come due to its stunning purposes and benefits it offers to its dancers. Thanks.